Macbook Pro can't connect to 2.4 ghz Wi-Fi

Reaction score
Guys, hello everyone!

Tell me, I bought a Macbook Pro 13 2017 without a touch bar. The problem is that it does not connect to Wi-Fi networks 2.4 GHz, only to 5 GHz. Tried to reset the settings, and reinstall Mac OS. Nothing helps.

Any ideas?

No USB devices plugged, so no issues with that.

Thanks in advance!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which router are you using, name and model? Also, do you have any other electronic devices nearby that are on the 2.4 Ghz band? (remote telephone, microwave, etc)

OP
D
Reaction score
Which router are you using, name and model? Also, do you have any other electronic devices nearby that are on the 2.4 Ghz band? (remote telephone, microwave, etc)

Asus RT-N65U

Just a few Iphones connected to 2.4 Ghz and one Windows laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Do you live close to neighbors with routers? It's possible that the channel that your Mac is trying to use is in use by a neighbor and blocking you.

And as an aside, generally the 5gHz band is faster than the 2.4gHz, so why is it you want the slower frequency?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Also to add to what Jake and Charlie asked, have you tried taking it somewhere else and connecting to another router on 2.4 Band? I bet most public places use 2.4 for compatibility with a wider range of customers devices. If it will not connect to any router at 2.4 then there must be an issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.