MacBook Pro Airplay to Samsung TV

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" 2020
Since my recent upgrade to Ventura 13.2.1 I have a very specific problem with Airplay.

When connecting my MacBook Air to my Samsung Smart TV with Airplay, I get the sound and images of all my videos on my TV, but when connecting live-streaming programs, I get the sound but NO images on my TV
Previously I had BOTH sound AND images when using Airplay when connecting videos or live-streaming programs, but with the latter no longer.

However, when connecting my MacBook Air to my Samsung Smart TV with an HDMI cable, I get the sound AND images of my videos and live-streaming programs on my TV.

I tried all the many suggestions I found in various forums, including the Apple one, even though none made any sense for this very specific problem.
Is there anything in the Airplay settings that has changed?

Robert

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Since my recent upgrade to Ventura 13.2.1 I have a very specific problem with Airplay.

When connecting my MacBook Air to my Samsung Smart TV with Airplay, I get the sound and images of all my videos on my TV, but when connecting live-streaming programs, I get the sound but NO images on my TV
Previously I had BOTH sound AND images when using Airplay when connecting videos or live-streaming programs, but with the latter no longer.

Most likely this is a bug. There are a couple things to try. Use Onyx to clean out all your caches. Sometimes that resolves buggy behavior after an OS update. If that doesn't help... well past advice has been to download and reinstall the Update Combo, but those aren't issued anymore. Reinstalling Ventura would be the only option, but honestly it's a long shot and probably overkill. I don't know offhand what else to try, other than making sure your TV has the latest firmware.

You could try creating a new user account; log in to your services; and try from there just to eliminate the possibility that something is wrong on the user you normal log in on. Also install Ventura clean to an external drive; boot from that; and see if there's any change. If no change, clearly a bug and you'll have little choice but to wait for a bug fix. If there is a change, then we can go from there.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" 2020
Most likely this is a bug. There are a couple things to try. Use Onyx to clean out all your caches. Sometimes that resolves buggy behavior after an OS update. If that doesn't help... well past advice has been to download and reinstall the Update Combo, but those aren't issued anymore. Reinstalling Ventura would be the only option, but honestly it's a long shot and probably overkill. I don't know offhand what else to try, other than making sure your TV has the latest firmware.

You could try creating a new user account; log in to your services; and try from there just to eliminate the possibility that something is wrong on the user you normal log in on. Also install Ventura clean to an external drive; boot from that; and see if there's any change. If no change, clearly a bug and you'll have little choice but to wait for a bug fix. If there is a change, then we can go from there.
Thanks for your elaborate reply.
Everything is up to date and my caches I have cleaned too.
I just wait for the next update of Ventura. It's not a big problem, just inconvenient.
Have a great day/evening. No clue what the timezone on Neptune is :cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.