Macbook pro 15" 2015 wont boot into recovery... stuck, restart.

Reaction score
Hi fellas,

I have his weird issue With Macbook pro 15" 2015, 2,8ghz proc. When you hear chime there is immediaetly Apple logo on the screen and non of the hotkey combinations at boot dont work.... CMD+R, D, ALT, CMD+OPT+P+R.... When its on the charger i can reset smc - Shift+opt+cmd+power, so i suppose the keyboard works... i have also tried with another keyboard connected to the board and its the same. I have tried another hdd with system installed on it ... shows apple logo for about 30s and restarts. Even if i remove the disk... it shows apple logo for 30s,... and then the screen, that there is no disk.

What could it be wrong with it? Is BIOS somehow corrupt? How to fix that? I have the BIOS chip reader from long ago...

Help much appreciated.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Macs don't have a BIOS in the traditional PC sense.

Are you using wired keyboard when attempting all of these things? Wast he machine working properly before it began to misbehave?

Just so that we are all clear, your issue is that the system starts up, shows the Apple logo and then sometime later just restarts to do it again?

OP
D
Reaction score
Bios, i mean EFI. I bought this computer as defeective, stated that the keyboard is not working. But it appears that the keyboard is working... as. COMAND+OPT.+SHIFT+POWER resets the SMC, but after its turned on computer not responding to it.I have tried it with another keyboard, connecting it directly to the motherboard... and its the same. When i tried it first it gave an error from MS Windows.. but the disk was wiped. Then i put other disk inside and with that one it shows apple logo.. .and restarts after 20s or so.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, in that case, it's likely that the logicboard is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good luck with that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I am looking how to fix the board... not to replace it :)

Good luck with that.

Hmmm..
I was just thinking that they are going to need more than "luck" to fix such a problem.

I would be surprised if it was even anywhere near possible... I don't think even Apple would try...

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.