MACBook keep asking for Password after Big Sur

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro and I was using it happily. However, after I upgraded to Mac OS Big Sur, it upload normallay till I reach the page which ask me to pick the use and enter the password.
it keep asking to enter the password of the user and keep asking again and again. I try to enter wrong password to check if their is problem in keyboard but it seems it recognize the wrong and correct password.
Anybody has solution for this?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

What it appears that it's asking you is for your Apple ID and the password for the Apple ID. It's not asking you for your Admin password.

Do you remember your Apple ID and password for it?

OP
T
Reaction score
I remember my Apple ID and it’s password but I believe it is asking for Mac user ID.
2ecd72a4ca2dec9b573cd6a7e0f45a36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Okay, from your screen shot above it's clearly asking you for your log on user password. Was your hard drive encrypted with FileVault?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.