Mac-mini M2 Pro Touch ID Issue

JFStorey

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac-mini M2 Pro
My new Mac-mini M2 Pro has an issue with Touch ID. Touch ID will only work for about a half hour or so then stops working. If I reboot my Mac it works again, then it stops after a short time. If I keep my Magic Keyboard connected to my Mac via cable, it works all the time. Iv'e tried all the suggestions to fix this issue I could find, including Apple Support and nothing iv'e tried solves the problem. Any suggestions anyone may have would be welcomed. Thanks!

Mac-main M2 Pro
Ventura 13.3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Welcome to the forum.

Sounds more like a connection issue than anything else. What else do you have attached by BT to the Mini? I'm wondering if the keyboard signal is being overpowered by some other device.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Beyond the Touch ID are you seeing any other issues with the keyboard around lag or anything?

OP
JFStorey

JFStorey

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac-mini M2 Pro
Beyond the Touch ID are you seeing any other issues with the keyboard around lag or anything?
Keyboard works fine except for Touch ID.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini M1 (8gb Memory / 500 gb Hard drive) Running Sonoma 14.0
If this is a wireless keyboard, then it will go to sleep to conserve power, it will need to be awakened before touch ID will work. Have you tried the connection button, then touch ID.

OP
JFStorey

JFStorey

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac-mini M2 Pro
This issue occurs while using the keyboard before it goes into sleep mode. If you mean pressing the touch ID button to wake up the the keyboard, then my answer is no, it simply sends me to the log-in screen.

OP
JFStorey

JFStorey

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac-mini M2 Pro
Welcome to the forum.

Sounds more like a connection issue than anything else. What else do you have attached by BT to the Mini? I'm wondering if the keyboard signal is being overpowered by some other device.
The only other device I connected to my Mac via Bluetooth is my Magic Mouse.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.