Mac Mail user name question

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this. For eons my email user name has been [email protected]. Suddenly a few weeks ago the word "Admin" has been added to make it [email protected] This makes recipients think new emails might be spam. Any idea how this happened and more important how do I remove the Admin

Thank you

poppi

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
You might want to edit that post to remove your actual email. You are going to get a ton of spam if you leave it out in the Internet that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
In the Mail app, look in Settings, then select Accounts. Next select the account with the issue in the sidebar. Confirm your selected email address is properly configured.

OP
P
Reaction score
You might want to edit that post to remove your actual email. You are going to get a ton of spam if you leave it out in the Internet that way.
Good advice. I have edited the post. Thank you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.