• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac images and deployment processes

Reaction score
I have around 4 years experience with Apple devices.

I am looking for a new opportunity. I found a job on LinkedIn, but they needs someone with Mac Images and deployment process.

I formatted around 120 (iMac, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, iPhone and iPad), all these devices are for personal use.

I hope you can help me with some articles or videos about the Mac Images and deployment process.

Attachments

• Mac images.jpg
    Mac images.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 27

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

We moved your post here to the "Off Topic" area. Perhaps someone will respond with info to help you out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I hope you can help me with some articles or videos about the Mac Images and deployment process.

What they are referring to is creating an installable image on an external or networked server that can be launched to install on new macs. Organizations will create a standard install OS that includes apps/software that the company needs for their employees to use. They then clone the install to new computers for the purpose of consistency and expedience. Macs are much easier to do this on than it is on a PC. You can mix up the models and it will still work which is not so true on PC's.

So basically you create the image and then deploy it usually from a server to many systems. There are lots of ways to do this and all kinds of software that will deploy. What they have available or expect will come out in the interview - hopefully.

I found this on Youtube that will give you an idea of what I am trying to convey:

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.