Mac book pro and dell wd19 tbs

Reaction score
I have a new mac book pro connected to wd19 tbs out to dell monitor. And ger no video . Seen posts that people have got this to work. System works with my xps. I have followed a few li ks but have had no luck so far. This is my first mac. Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Welcome to the forum. And congratulations on the moe to Mac.

Can you tell us your exact MBP and what version of macOS you are running on it? You can find that by clicking on the apple icon in the upper left corner of the screen, then "About this Mac." And just to be absolutely certain, what is a "wd19 tbs" and what Dell monitor?

OP
O
Reaction score
MacBook Pro 14 m2 os Sonoma 14.
dell dock wd19 tbs
monitor dell s3221qs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
OK, thanks for that.

Nothing at Dell says that the dock is compatible with any Mac product, that I could find. However, it *might* work, but only if the proper cables are used. Your Mac has TB4 (Thunderbolt 4) ports and will need TB4 certified cables to even begin to work with that dock. So, how are you connecting from the MBP to the Dock and from the Dock to the monitor?

NOTE: Not all USB-c cables are TB4 cables. TB4-certified cables have a lightning bolt on them and then a number "4" printed on the connector as well. If you aren't using a TB4 cable, that could well be the issue.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Beyond this dock not explicitly supporting the Mac. Why aren't you directly connecting the MBP to the monitor? Why the dock?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Gotcha. The drivers page though doesn't have Mac listed for drivers, so the question is whether it'll just work with the right cables.

I use a different setup to switch between my two Macs and by setup of 2 displays, webcam and microphone.

I'm using the following USB-C dock for my MBP.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08P5GXPHH/?tag=macforums0e4-20

And I'm using the following KVM to switch between the two machines.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08P5GXPHH/?tag=macforums0e4-20

If I was using a wired keyboard and mouse, the KVM would handle that. But since I'm wireless, I have a pair of Logitech keyboard and mouse connected to both machines.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.