Mac and touchscreen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mini 16gig/Air 2017 4gig
Can someone clarify this...does a M1 Mac mini with Big Sur work with a touchscreen monitor??? I am wanting a flightsim add on program and developers for it
say there software won't work on a Mac....it will work on Windows with touch but not Mac,they make a very limited version that runs on IPad but its very limited....whats the story on Mac with aftermarket touch monitors like you see on eBay...? thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Currently macOS does not work on a touch screen monitor the same way that Windows does. The only Apple devices which use a touch screen are the iPad and iPhone.

Reaction score
...whats the story on Mac with aftermarket touch monitors like you see on eBay...?

I've yet to come across a single Macintosh user who is using a third party touch-screen monitor with their Macintosh. If you have any questions about the suitability of such a device, I think that you need to ask for assurances from the product's developer that it will do what you want it to do. I'd also make absolutely sure that you can return it for a full refund with no hassle if it doesn't work the way that you want it to.

If you get one, please let us know how well it works for you.

OP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mini 16gig/Air 2017 4gig
what is the oldest regular size iPad that can run the latest iOS..its version15 or something now..
??

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
iPads run iPadOS now, they are not running iOS anymore.

iPadOS 13 is the first release from 2 years ago and supports these devices.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@456

I may be misinterpreting your intentions; but are you thinking of using your iPad as a second display/monitor where you can use the Mouse or touch screen on the iPad?

There are two ways of achieving this: Universal Control or Sidecar - and also how you can use your iPad as a second screen if your iPad or Mac do not support the feature.

In case this interests you, here is a link showing you the various ways you can achieve this:

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.