Lotus Notes NSF

Reaction score
Hello,
We often have to deal with a corrupted NSF files when working in the eDiscovery field. Typical practices include running nFixup, nCompact -c, and nUpdall -r.
I heard that stellar Phoenix Lotus Notes Recovery is good but it supports Lotus Notes 6 and lower, which we rarely encounter.
Do this for a good tool to be able to quickly to correct these files? Some solutions out there claim recovery but lose attachments or other vital information.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I haven't used Lotus Notes in years but it has always been one of my favorite mail and PIM applications. You probably need to contact the Stellar Phoenix support people and ask. I seriously doubt anyone here is going to be able to help with recovery. Most of us are dealing with Outlook nowadays.

Reaction score
Hello….
If you are unable to find any third party utility then if would suggest you try a tool Lotus Notes Recovery Toolbox for recover damaged lotus files. http://www.oemailrecovery.com/lotusnotes_recovery.html
And also suggest you try a manual method. Follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Open C:\lotus\Notes (or where you have installed it);
2. Use these three executables in order to fix the corrupted database:
nfixup.exe, ncompact.exe, nupdall.exe

Syntax Examples:
nfixup -J -F [database name]
[J] Fixup transaction-logged databases
[F] Scan all documents

ncompact -c -i [database name]
[c] Copy-style
Ignore errors and proceed

nupdall -R [database name]
[R] Rebuild all used views

OP
novotny
Reaction score
Thank you all for your advice! I'm appreciative for your responses and help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.