looking @ a mini, think it will hold up?

Reaction score
looking @ a mini, think it will be enough?

hows it going everyone? new to the forums.
currently i have a 24" imac 2.4ghz - 1g ram w/a 500GB time capsule its my everyday computer. im getting more and more into video editing as well as producing halloween soundscapes for haunted houses using reason and pro tools.

anyways... looking at picking up a computer dedicated to ONLY the video editing and producing my audio tracks. my imac i have no is very well able to produce the tracks but as far as editing goes i really haven't played with that to much.

for editing i dont need to do anything hollywood style. im putting together some how-to dvds for halloween prop building and i just need to edit those as well as edit the footage of my haunted house walkthrough.

i been looking at this setup witch should be plenty for what i need it for but would like a second opinion before i make the purchase:

mac mini, 2.66GHz, 4GB ram, 500GBHD. w 2 (or 3 if possible) Dell P2310h monitors.

that should be plenty for what i need it for. seeing the fact that the mini will only be used for audio/video production & it has 3 more gig of ram over my imac.

i cant afford the mac pro, so thats not even an option, same goes with the cinema display. ha.

Reaction score
It will be plenty for what you will do! If you are going to have 10+ things open on your desktop, then I would spring for a more powerful computer...but wise thing to do is save the dough!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
If 500GB isn't enough down the road, you can always connect an external drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.