LastPass 2.0.25 for Mac

Reaction score
I'm getting nervous about the amount of hacking of computers and websites these days, and am getting round to installing a password manager. The two or three Mac websites and magazines that I've been looking at say the LastPass 2.0.25 is not only free, but marginally better than most of the others. And the great thing is that it's suitable for OS X 10.6.8. Like most people I don't have money to throw around on a new computer every year; mine is 3- 4 years old and uses Snow Leopard. But every time I try to download LastPass 2.0.25 I am only offered a version suitable for OS X 10.7 upwards. Furthermore there sees no way of contacting LasPass directly to try to talk to them about it. Has anyone any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBAir
if your computer is 3-4 years old, you should be able to update to the latest operating system for free.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If you can give us more details about your Mac we can offer better advice about an upgrade path. The relevant information can be found under the Apple menu in the upper left corner of the screen. Choose "About This Mac" and tell us the information there.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Like most people I don't have money to throw around on a new computer every year; mine is 3- 4 years old and uses Snow Leopard. But every time I try to download LastPass 2.0.25 I am only offered a version suitable for OS X 10.7 upwards. Furthermore there sees no way of contacting LasPass directly to try to talk to them about it. Has anyone any suggestions?

Well then, you have some choices: Update your version of OS X Snow Leopard to at least Lion or later; Buy a newer machine; or do without LastPass and manually use strong passwords for the sites you visit. A word of caution... Snow Leopard is the last version of OS X that allows running older PPC programs. If you have some of those, upgrading OS X will cause those programs to cease functioning.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.