Just picked up MS office Home and Business for Mac/PC (2021) for AU$39.00

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
This may be old news for some but thanks to an email from Cult of Mac I just installed MS Office; Home and Business 2021 for my wife for AU $39.00. It's only US$29.99 (was US $219.00) Also available for PC.
My wife has been making do with the 2016 version for quite a while and it's never going to get cheaper for us here in Australia.
Here is the Cult of Mac page You searched for Microsoft Office | Cult of Mac
Offer only lasts till 28th of this month.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
They have been running that deal several times recently. I also got an offer for a deal on Windows 11 recently. I didn't really pay attention to the price. I don't think Mrs. Slydude's Windows box can run Windows 11.

OP
Rod

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Yes Randy, I’d seen a few of these too but decided to go for it today. US$25 comes to AU$38.04 at the moment so pretty close.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
My wife has been making do with the 2016 version for quite a while

Just curious Rod and I'm glad to hear you got the good deal, but was there anything wrong with the older 2016 MS Office software, or was there some new feature your wife wanted or needed???

I assume that the newest and latest MS Office software works well for her as well as her older files regardless of what macOS version she happens to be using.

- Patrick
=======

OP
Rod

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Patrick, as you may know we run a boutique eco-stay villa rental in Bali (Indonesia) and Annie handles bookings, promotion and advertising. As such she need to work with international bookings agencies, web designers and advertising departments most of which are using the latest MS products on PC's. So, co-authoring, translation and graphics tools are essential for web page design, Annie does most of the photography herself. She also uses Powerpoint and Excel as part of presentation and cost management.
This version as you suggested does work with her older .doc files in Ventura but it's collaboration and graphics features are the ones she has been missing most such as, "Lasso" (I'm not even sure what that is) and "file types". In any case she's very happy with the upgrade an I'm happy that she's happy.;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In any case she's very happy with the upgrade an I'm happy that she's happy.;)

That Rod, as you will know is all that matters.

And no, I did not know that you ran a boutique eco-stay villa rental in Bali (Indonesia). Nice.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Just an FYI, but Microsoft has been extremely good about making sure that Office is both backwards and forwards compatible with all of its own file formats.

I have a very old Mac running Snow Leopard and a very old version of Office, and so far it has had no problems opening and perfectly rendering any Office files that I've received from others, no matter how recent the version of Office has been that created them.

Likewise, Microsoft doesn't routinely change Office file formats with the introduction of new versions of Office. The latest version of Office can open files that are extremely old. (Some very old files, on the order of a couple of decades, might require that you open them from within the program, rather than by double-clicking on them.)

The only minor problem that you might have with a newer file opened in an old version of Office is if the file has something in it that was created by a feature that only exists in the new version of Office. That happens extremely rarely, in my experience, but it does happen. It usually doesn't cause the entire file to fail to open, though.

The main reasons that people upgrade from an old version of Office are 1) new features, and 2) Apple compatibility. Microsoft is extremely responsive to users with regard to adding new, mostly very advanced features that users have clamored for. And, of course, Apple has made changes over the years with regard to compatibility (64bit-only, Apple Silicon). Microsoft is very good about adapting Apple's latest technologies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini M1 (8gb Memory / 500 gb Hard drive) Running Sonoma 14.0
Had to give in to MS just been to:

as recommended by @Randy B. Singer and it is now $15.99

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
as recommended by @Randy B. Singer and it is now $15.99

Is that actually $15.99 (England Dollar) or £15.99 in English money???

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini M1 (8gb Memory / 500 gb Hard drive) Running Sonoma 14.0
Is that actually $15.99 (England Dollar) or £15.99 in English money???

- Patrick
=======
US Dollars, including PayPal fee, I paid £13.90.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.