ITunes not supported

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macOS Monterey 12.2 iMac 24-inch,2021 Apple M1 8GB
I have up graded to a new iMac 24 inch, M1,2021 when i went to download music onto my iPod it stated that my new computer does not support iTunes and has Music installed instead. How can I down load music to my iPod? I have looked on line but it is very confusing.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Thank you for your post

Yes you can....

Music has replaced iTunes, for sure; but you can still sync items from the Mac to an iPod or iPhone.

Attach the device by USB to the Mac. Now Click on Finder, and under Locations, you will see your iPhone/iPod as you can see here:

S1.jpg

Click on your iDevice and wait a moment till it populates, then you will see this:

S2.jpg

From General to Info, you can choose what you want to sync. Music, Movies etc. I have used my iPhone as an example, but the principal applies to iPods as well.

So really, it's the same as before except you do the business via Finder.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini M1 (8gb Memory / 500 gb Hard drive) Running Sonoma 14.0
My iPhone was previously synced via iTunes, and when connected to my Mac Mini I received messages that it was synced elsewhere and my iPhone would lose its music, however, just allow and the new sync was set up.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Is all of your old iTunes music library present in the Music app? If so then you have successfully migrated your library to the new iMac.
As stated in previous posts to access a USB accessory like an iPhone/iPad/iPod you need to look in the sidebar of a Finder Window, as shown in Ian's post above. when you click on it you should see a window giving you Syncing options. If it does not appear under Locations let us know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.