iTunes movies issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2012 MBP - 13" i5 3210M, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 500GB storage (in place of optical).
in my sleep deprived haste i seemed to have deleted some digital (redeemed) movies from my library (instead of just deleting the download)
has anyone else done this? can i get that movie back in my library?
or am i totally screwed?
thanks for any help

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Try the following and see if it works:

1. Launch iTunes and make sure you are logged into your account.
2. Near the right edge of the window click Purchased.
3. Near the upper right of the window that appears click Movies.
4. Click the tab in the upper middle fo the screen that says Not In My Library.

That should generate a list of movies you've purchased that are no longer in your library. I believe there is still a download button at the bottom of the screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I did that awhile ago and couldn’t figure out what had happened. I had actually “hidden” them, and it took me a while to “find” them. Here is the Apple Support Article, https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201322, on how to restore them.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I didn't think of that when I saw the hide feature last night. Certainly worth checking out.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2012 MBP - 13" i5 3210M, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 500GB storage (in place of optical).
I did that awhile ago and couldn’t figure out what had happened. I had actually “hidden” them, and it took me a while to “find” them. Here is the Apple Support Article, https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201322, on how to restore them.

thank you so much! it appears that i hid them, and this article that is linked solved my issue
now i just need to get a fast internet connection and dl the vids that i was looking for :D
thanks!!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.