Is there a printer three different Macs can print to wirelessly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
Can anyone recommend a printer that three different Macs can print to wirelessly? Two would be MacBook Pros and one would be a Mac Air.
I never used a wireless printer before.
Thanks for your help.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
The number of computers that can print to the same wireless printer is not a limitation. If the wireless printer is setup correctly (properly connected to your homes internet signal)...then 50 (or more) different computers could can print to the same printer.

As long as any computer & this printer are on the same wireless network...they should all be able to print to it (as long as they are Apple computers...and the computers aren't from the dark ages)! Lol

If Windows computers should need to print to this wireless printer...if they don't already have printer drivers installed for this particular printer...printer drivers may need to be installed.

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry...forgot to answer the recommendation question.

You didn't say if you were looking for an inkjet printer...a black & white laser printer...or a color laser printer. For my needs I've always used a black & white laser printer...and always had good luck with Brother laser printers.

Please give us an idea what you were thinking in terms of a printer...and I'm sure some recommendations will come your way.:)

- Nick

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Most printers today have an Ethernet port and wireless that will work with all computers. A lot of recent printers also have AirPrint so you can print from your iOS and macOS devices.

I have an old Canon multifunction laser printer that I print wirelessly to from all of my Macs in the house.

OP
MacLover2011
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
Sorry...forgot to answer the recommendation question.

You didn't say if you were looking for an inkjet printer...a black & white laser printer...or a color laser printer. For my needs I've always used a black & white laser printer...and always had good luck with Brother laser printers.

Please give us an idea what you were thinking in terms of a printer...and I'm sure some recommendations will come your way.:)

- Nick
That's a very good question. Right now I have an Epson R1900 photo printer which is really took expensive to maintain. Reason being, the ink cartridges are very expensive and don't last very long. I'm primarily just printing out black and white text pages. So I can always go to my local Staples and print any photo/graphic images there.

Therefore, I am not sure what printer I should purchase for myself and the two others I live with. I would guess what is most cost effective and offers the best quality.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's a very good question. Right now I have an Epson R1900 photo printer which is really took expensive to maintain. Reason being, the ink cartridges are very expensive and don't last very long. I'm primarily just printing out black and white text pages. So I can always go to my local Staples and print any photo/graphic images there.

Therefore, I am not sure what printer I should purchase for myself and the two others I live with. I would guess what is most cost effective and offers the best quality.

Yes...definitely understand what you're saying about the consumables (ink cartridges) being expensive. Color laser printers are the same way...and if you don't really need color printing...then you probably don't need an ink jet printer either.

If you're mainly doing black & white printing at home...sounds like a black & white laser printer would be perfect for you. Many of these are very affordable...and you gets tons of printed pages from a single laser printer toner cartridge (low cost printing).:)

HTH,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Most printers today have an Ethernet port and wireless that will work with all computers. A lot of recent printers also have AirPrint so you can print from your iOS and macOS devices.

That is an excellent suggestion to mention ethernet capabilities for a printer.

We have a Canon inkjet that was originally set up as a network wireless printer but ran into some problems with getting AirPrint to work properly so I gave up on that and just connected it using its ethernet port.

The speed difference alone is amazingly fast now which my wife appreciates every time she prints something, The increased speed difference using ethernet connection really is quite amazing and even makes the printer enjoyable to use.

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.