Is hybrid connection possible?

Reaction score
Re earlier post, jerky-jerky quick displays on all Wi-Fi devices, i-watches, even TV… . We subscribe to Comcast as ISP for home internet package, i.e. I-net,TV, phones, etal, at 900mbs, cable NOT fiber.

In doing a speed test using Ookla app, I see the repeater sending the signal back is a fibernet company, providing fiber speed to their customers… . Is it technically possible that we are somehow receiving some mixed speed through our cable, thus accounting for the jerkiness across all devices??? If so, any ideas how to prove it out (with an unmotivated ISP)? Thanks.

Last edited:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Not exactly sure what sort of internet service you have (DSL, cable, fiber, Dish/satellite). Most folks have internet via their cable company...and speeds on cable can definitely vary. Download speeds are generally MUCH faster than uploads (this is by design)...and cable internet service is usually a shared service among your nearby neighbors.

This is why internet speeds for cable internet folks can slow down a bit at high demand times of the day.

Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.