iPhoto library to lightroom ..?

Reaction score
I was having trouble with my iMac so i bought a new one.. On my old iMac I imported photos with lightroom from the cf card to an external hard drive .. Plus on the external hard drive I have 8 iPhoto library's how can I open the older iPhoto library in lightroom .. ? .. When I click on the iPhoto library in the external hard drive the photo app starts and I get a msg saying don't have enough space to open it .. I have 8 iPhoto library's each approx. 300 gig they are from 2010-13 and I would like to go thru them in lightroom 6 if possible.. And I don't want to open and save on the iMac hard drive which is only 1 terabyte. the library's are several terabytes , I want re-save them on an external hard drive ..
The iPhoto library's are on ex hard drive called "pictures 2" which is 4 terabytes , I have the newer photos on hard drive called " pictures 3" which is also 4 tb ..

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.