iPhone Unavailable

Reaction score
Is the message on my iPhone SE (1st series). Nothing seems to work. I have tried all button combinations suggested in other posts but NOTHING seems to work. The problem arose when attempting to upgrade to the latest available software. The screen went blank and then the message. I have let the battery drain and re-charged it, but still the same message.

Al relevantl suggestions appreciated

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Traditionally, that message comes up when you have a passcode set on the phone and you end up entering it incorrectly a number of times. After that, the only recourse is to erase the phone with the proper Apple ID account to be able to use the phone again. This is a security measure.

This, however, should not happen after an upgrade since the phone will automatically go through the reboots while updating and finally land you back on the home page.

So, do you have a passcode set on the phone? Did you enter it multiple times and incorrectly?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I think it would help if we knew which iOS was on the iPhone before you tried to update; and confirmation that it was an Update and not an Upgrade.

Yours is an older iPhone (SE 1st series) and consequently, depending on the iOS on that iPhone, some of the ways of solving this problem may not be available to you.

For example, you must have iOS 15.x in order to receive the "ErasePhone" option being shown, bottom right of the screen.

But there are other ways of dealing with this and the following articles explain what you have to do:

But please give us the info requested. It does help.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.