iPhone Mini not ringing

Reaction score
As the subject line.
Do not disturb is disabled, focus is off, a ringtone is set and the volume is not on silent.
iOS 15.1

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Mac-Forums mobile app

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Do you get the visual indicator that you are receiving a call? Power-cycle the phone and see what happens. If that doesn't do anything, then hard reset it.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Two places where you can control Volume:

On the left side of the iPhone, just below the Silent switch, there are 2 buttons; upper for increasing volume, lower one the opposite.

In Control Centre - swipe down from top right of screen - you can adjust volume slider (to the right of brightness).

I accept you have probably done this, but the simple things are often forgotten :) ;). In which case follow Ashwin's suggestions.

Ian

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
"just below the silent switch." Is the bit that jumped out at me. I can think of at least two occasions where I spent an extended period of time looking in all the wrong places when in fact the phone had been accidentally put on silent by for example removing and replacing the protective case.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Thanks Rod,

That fixed it. As you suggest, maybe it happened when I put the case on. Very strange

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Mac-Forums mobile app

And a really good lesson for others because you thought the Silent switch was off in your first post:);)
and the volume is not on silent.

Which is why we ignored that; but Rod being more diligent mentioned it anyway. Good on him.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 13 v11.1, i5 2.4 GHz, 256 GBs SSD, 8 GBs DDRs
"just below the silent switch." Is the bit that jumped out at me. I can think of at least two occasions where I spent an extended period of time looking in all the wrong places when in fact the phone had been accidentally put on silent by for example removing and replacing the protective case.

It did burn me couple of times too. It still does, but the source is my grandkids now, for some reason they do it on occasions after finishing their games....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It has also occurred on my wife's phone and of course she brought the phone to me to solve the problem. I have to admit it took me awhile to figure it out. :unsure:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.