iphone hookup to printer

Reaction score
I have a 4S. I have a printer that accepts WiFi but I do not have a WiFi connection where the printer is located. I want to be able to send pictures from the iPhone to the printer using a cable connection. The only cable connection the printer accepts is Firewire. The cord from the iPhone only has a USB connection. As we know, it comes with an AC power adapter. Does anyone know whether I can get a adapter that will connect to the USB from the phone and to the firewire port on the printer?
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
This is simply not possible. It's possible a workaround solution can be had. Even though you don't have wi-fi, if there is a computer there that has wi-fi capabilities and that printer is connected to that computer, then you may be able to set up an ad-hoc wireless network; run an app on the computer that provides an AirPrint server; then print to that printer.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, lifesabeach. I am taking your response to mean that the iPhone to printer cable hookup won't work even if I were to get and extender that would allow the USB end of the iPhone cable to connect to the USB end of the printer cable (the other end of which is the fire wire plug)? I've seen what appears to be such extenders on the market.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Printopia is cheap (<$20) and will let you select any printer connected to your Mac. It will also let you print a PDF to your Mac, or your drop box account.

Printopia - AirPrint to Any Printer - Print from iPad - Print from iPhone - Ecamm Network

There is also a free trial period.

What your are proposing will not work because, there are no print drivers for iOS and the printer probably has a USB b connection, not a FireWire one (I do not recall seeing anything other than scanners with FireWire connection, and even those are rare).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.