iPhone cutting off incoming calls after only one ring

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
I have recently experienced incoming calls being cut off after only one ring. What is the cause and how can I rectify the problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Do you have spam filters on the iPhone against telemarketers? Does your cell provider block spam calls? Sometimes, my telemarketing blocker lets it ring once, then blocks.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
There have been some comments about this online. No definite solution, but one idea did come to mind.

If you go into Settings > Face ID & Passcode and see if "Attention-Aware Features" are turned ON. If so, turn it OFF.

Beyond that, I've not found a convincing solution. Apologies.

Ian

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I have the option that Ian mentions turned on and my phone rings the obligatory 4 times before going to voice mail. To Bob's point, you might want to check Settings->Phone->Call Blocking & Identification and see what you have setup there.

Are you experiencing this 1 call stop/drop on all calls or specific calls only? You might have someone in your house call you number and hear they hear, that might give you a hint as to what's happening. If the call is being dropped or going to voicemail or what have you.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
There have been some comments about this online. No definite solution, but one idea did come to mind.

If you go into Settings > Face ID & Passcode and see if "Attention-Aware Features" are turned ON. If so, turn it OFF.

Beyond that, I've not found a convincing solution. Apologies.

Ian
I've been into Settings>TouchID & Passcode but there's no Attention-Aware Features option.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Ian and I are running the latest versions of iOS and have these settings. If you aren't running the newest version of iOS, you might not have the same settings.

Also, you should do a hard reset (google for the instructions for your phone) and then have some local call you to check what happens.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.