iPhone 13 Pro Max - Request Assistance >> Something Odd on Screen ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac OS Monterey Version 12.1
I need help please to understand if this is a issue.

Can folks advise what this half sphere looking thing is? And is it a problem that I need to address.

It just showed up afew days ago. Does not seem to be getting bigger/smaller or fading. It's just there ?

Thanks for any assistance.

gamboolman....

IMG_1826.jpeg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1Max 16" MacBook Pro with macOS 13.2
I can see that your iPhone has a screen protector, and that the outer edge of that whitish area aligns with that screen protector. My guess is that it is due to your screen protector coming loose. This is a bit unusual in that in my experience a screen protector coming loose is not so nearly as symmetrical as yours, but there ya go.

Many screen protectors come with a lifetime guarantee, so you should check your paperwork from when you had this screen protector installed to be sure. I had an iPhone 7 Plus on which I got its screen protector replaced for free 3 times (I had that phone for about 4 years). Only one of those times was due to that protector protecting the screen because that protector cracked but the screen beneath it did not. The other two times were the protectors coming loose.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you DEyncourt,

ms gamboolgal and I are off to the Verizon store where we bought our matching His & Her iPhones and every warranty / insurance thing known to mankind. I will be surprised if we didn't get the Screen insurance.

Thank you for prompt reply.

I will try to circle back with the rest of the story.

gamboolman....

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
This isn't a screen insurance issue. You have a screen protector installed and the ones of old had an adhesive that made them stick to the screen. That also meant that if you dropped the phone and the protector cracked, you had no way of replacing it.

The latest generation of screen protectors are tempered glass and don't use adhesive to stay on the screen. However, that tight suction (which is essentially what it is, like the suction cups you're familiar with) can sometime separate and if it does, air gets in and create an air bubble which is what this likely is.

You can manipulate the size and shape of the bubble by pressing the screen around it. However, you will not be able to remove it completely as the suction is compromised. You'll want to replace it with a new screen protector..

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you Razor, that makes sense.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
This can also happen when a screen protector is first applied but you would have noticed that almost immediately. I've made that mistake before so now I have the carrier do it.

I think the local Verizon reps assume that is what's wrong when I come through the door. I rarely have to go in for anything else.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.