iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Mini Cost $30 Extra for T-Mobile, Sprint, or SIM-Free Models

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Now we know why Tim Cook had Verizon on the stage with him when they announced the iPhone 12 models today!

Read thru this rather long thread at MacRumors to learn how folks are responding to this bit of news. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I suspect that folks will bark at Apple for the difference, but if you read carefully, it's a rebate from Verizon and AT&T that T-Mobile and others aren't offering. I would bet that the rebate has a hook in it to commit to Verizon for some contract period, too. Devil is in the details. Frankly, if you are committed to Verizon or AT&T, it's a good deal. If you are committed to T-Mobile or a SIM-free device, the $30 isn't that much more. But people will whine...

OP
chscag

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Whine, whine. LOL

A member over in MacRumors reminded everyone of just that plus the fact that Verizon is charging an activation fee for new phones. Don't know how true that is though.

I'm betting that we will see some sort of special from T-Mobile before long. (Sprint is now a part of T-Mobile.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
I think it would have been better to quote the higher price and perhaps mention the discount rather than claim the lower price as the true price.

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

OP
chscag

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It appears Apple has come off the higher price. Checking the newer price quotes shows that it's now the same for all carriers. And also for the no SIM version.

Apple took a lot of hits on that one and quickly rectified things.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.