iPhone 11 Storage

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017).Processor 1.8GHz intel core i5.Memory 8gb 16000MHZDDR3.Graphics intel HD
Good evening to all.
I have a iPhone 11 for some time. It has a 64gb storage and notice that that it has only 20gb used.
Question is is there anything that I can use that storage for documents etc. Or is it just for the main operation of the phone.

Thanks David.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
David, you can put whatever you want on the phone. That space is yours. I would suggest you not fill it completely, like any other storage, and leave a bit free. Given that the phone is not as "volatile" as a computer is, you can probably use 14GB of that 20 and not see any change in performance.

EDIT: I re-read your post and you have only USED 20 GB, not 20GB left, so you can use probably 38GB of that remaining 44. I'd leave 5-6GB free as "head room" for the phone.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
OP
Tomos
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017).Processor 1.8GHz intel core i5.Memory 8gb 16000MHZDDR3.Graphics intel HD
Many thanks I connected my phone to apple MacBook but failed to see an option to add files.
I opened the phone via finder with no problem on the tool bar there is an option files but how to add anything to that folder.Did tray to make a new folder from the top menu New folder etc.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
The iOS Files app is linked to your iCloud Drive folder on your MacBook.

So, in Finder, select iCloud Drive in the Sidebar. Files you store in there, will appear on your device.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
David, to be clear, you CAN move just about anything to the iPhone, but the iPhone won't be able to do anything with it unless you put it where it anticipates it being and it's in the right format for the app on the iPhone to use. If all you want to do is carry a file or files around on the iPhone, that should work, but to get them off the iPhone again you would have to connect to a Mac with a compatible OS and use Finder to get to them. So, if what you want to do is to have a file on your iPhone to use on the iPhone, directly moving it there is not the way to go. Sorry if we misled you. iOS doesn't have a "Finder" so it's not like the Mac in that respect.

OP
Tomos
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Many thanks once again. All sorted.

David.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.