iPad Pro charging

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Udi and I have just purchased the new 2nd generation iPad Pro 11-inch. I have 2 questions:
1.Does it need an initial charge?
2.More importantly, before I bought my current smartphone, a Galaxy S9+, I read about correct charging of lithium ion batteries, for example preferably keeping it between 40 and 80 percent, not draining it, not charging overnight and so on. What are Apple's recommendations when it comes to charging?

Thank you in advance

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If there is enough charge, use it. If not, charge it. :) As far as regular charging, really don't worry about it. Use it when you need it, and then when it drops down to 20% or lower, plug it in.

The iPads will go for a very long time on a single charge, but take equally long to charge, so don't be freaked out if it takes 12+ hours to return to 100%.

The charging circuitry of these devices ensures that you can't over charge them. So plug them in overnight, when fully charged, the battery gets no more juice and the iPad will operate purely on "mains" power until you unplug it.

OP
U
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer!
Is there a need for an initial charge before first use?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Thanks for your answer!
Is there a need for an initial charge before first use?
No. Unless it is below 20%, when you start using it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.