IPad not rotating

Reaction score
Just started today, my pad which was the model previous to the current model. I turned around and around with no result. It’s in a horizon layout. Anybody experienced similar, or know of possible solution.
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi and welcome.

Let's start by stating the obvious, if you'll excuse me. :)

Older iPads, had a small, moveable button on the right side of the iPad when looked at in vertical or Portrait view. Moving that up or down turned the rotating option off or on.

More recent models, use the Control Centre which can be accessed by gently drawing the finger down from the top tight of the iPad. It can be turned off or on from there.

So that's the first thing to check. You may have turned the Rotation Lock off by accident.

Failing that, you could try a reboot of the iPad.

Please post back.

Ian

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi and welcome.

Let's start by stating the obvious, if you'll excuse me. :)

Older iPads, had a small, moveable button on the right side of the iPad when looked at in vertical or Portrait view. Moving that up or down turned the rotating option off or on.

More recent models, use the Control Centre which can be accessed by gently drawing the finger down from the top tight of the iPad. It can be turned off or on from there.

So that's the first thing to check. You may have turned the Rotation Lock off by accident.

Failing that, you could try a reboot of the iPad.

Please post back.

Ian

OP
D
Reaction score
Ian, thanks for the welcome and information. I’m back rotating. Used the pull down accessories screen.
Thanks.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Good news. So easily done - accidentally turning the On/Off the Rotate function. Glad you got it sorted.(y)

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.