Ipad 2 won't pick up wifi unless in the same room as Airport Express

Reaction score
My Ipad 2 (version 7.1.1. still) suddenly stopped connecting to my airport express wifi about a month ago, UNLESS I'm in the same room as the airport express. This never happened before. My wife has a newer ipad and hers connects with the wifi in every room, though it does drop down to 1 or 2 bars in the far rooms. My phone connects as well, its really just my Ipad 2. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
It sounds like the wifi is possibly getting weak which if so may mean it is time for an upgrade. It is possible to replace the wifi in it but it is not easy. iFixit has a guide that can give you an idea how it is done.

I am curious as to why you have not upgrades to iOS 8.4.1? I am not sure that would fix the issue but it shouldn't hurt. I have a friend with an iPad 2 and it is running iOS 8.4.1. It is doing fine on 8.4.1.

Lisa

OP
C
Reaction score
It sounds like the wifi is possibly getting weak which if so may mean it is time for an upgrade. It is possible to replace the wifi in it but it is not easy. iFixit has a guide that can give you an idea how it is done.

I am curious as to why you have not upgrades to iOS 8.4.1? I am not sure that would fix the issue but it shouldn't hurt. I have a friend with an iPad 2 and it is running iOS 8.4.1. It is doing fine on 8.4.1.

Lisa

I didn't upgrade because I guess I'm old school and just didn't like the new upgrades. I didn't even really like the upgrade to 7.1, one of the primary reasons being I was no longer able to listen to videos (music or documentaries) playing on my youtube app while also browsing the web.

I think I'm going to try the upgrade though and see if that helps. If not, I guess I'll have to try replacing the wifi and see if I can do it. Thanks for the suggestions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.