Import Mail accounts from iPhone to Mac

Celitcaster

Reaction score
Hi, New switcher here.

I have an iPhone 15 and just got my first ever Mac (Mac mini, M2 Ventura 13)

Is there a way to set up Mail on the Mac - by simply importing / syncing with the iPhone? - I have set up the iPhone to be connected by cable or wi-fi - but I don't see options for importing mail settings and accounts/ logins etc?

Was just hoping to not have to set up each account manually with passwords etc

Thanks
Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini M1 (8gb Memory / 500 gb Hard drive) Running Sonoma 14.0
I don't think so, I switched earlier this year and had to set the accounts up separately on iPhone, iPad and Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I don't know of any way to migrate the setup, but if you enter the same account information on the Mac that you use on the iPhone, the two will stay in sync through the email provider. That is, when you you receive an email, it will go to both, and if you read, delete or do anything with it on one, it will be mirrrored to the other.

OP
C

Celitcaster

Reaction score
OK brilliant thank you- at least I won't waste any more time trying

thanks for your fast replies

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini M1 (8gb Memory / 500 gb Hard drive) Running Sonoma 14.0
I don't know of any way to migrate the setup, but if you enter the same account information on the Mac that you use on the iPhone, the two will stay in sync through the email provider. That is, when you you receive an email, it will go to both, and if you read, delete or do anything with it on one, it will be mirrrored to the other.
Use imap and not pop3, imap leaves mail on the server, whereas pop3 actions mail so if you delete on one device, it is deleted from the server, and not seem on other devices.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.