iMac G5 should I get one..?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I said this earlier in the thread but will repeat it once more. I OWN and USE daily a 20" iMac G5 iSight 2.1 Ghz. It's never been turned off for almost 5 years now and no logic board has failed. Just one stick of DEFECTIVE ram from Frys Electronics that failed on 100's of other NON apple systems. Otherwise the machine has worked like the day I first got it and trust me, I use it very heavily! CPU pegged at 100% for hours at a time when I am converting videos I edit for people.

OP
N
Reaction score
sorry...

Sorry for annoying everyone. I'll be quiet now! I'll get the G5, then. Can't wait! Thanks everyone

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
It's not that you are annoying anyone but you have changed so many times. I can understand you want to get the best Mac for your $$$ so I keep answering. For a Non Intel Mac, that iMac G5 should serve you well. Do let us know what you end up with if you would!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Sorry for annoying everyone. I'll be quiet now! I'll get the G5, then. Can't wait! Thanks everyone

Just trying to help you out!:) Like "dtravis7" said...no one wants to spend more money than they have to for a computer...and they want that computer to be reliable.

If your final decision is to get the iMac G5...great! But if you have any doubts...take a couple days to think about it.

Just remember...buying a used computer (any used computer...not just this iMac G5) has it's risks. If you don't want to deal with any risk...and you want a warranty...then you have to buy a new or refurbished computer. It sounds like you don't have that sort of budget...so used is the only way to go.

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread...I have purchased many a used computer...and have had mostly positive experiences!:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.