Imac G5 internal speaker about to blow?

Reaction score
Hey,

Ive had my imac since october, and have just noticed a rattle in the right internal speaker, when played at a volume over 80% and only on certain tones. Ive never noticed it before so i guess it must have just started. Does this mean that the speaker is on its way out or could there be another reason for this happening? Thanks for your help.

Adam

Reaction score
the internal speakers .. technically you should buy a new midplane to replace the blown out ones.

if you want a loud volume out of the imac, get airport express and use external speakers to play the music. you don't want to blow out the internal speakers.

by the way, having serviced imacs, so far haven't seen even one blown speaker case.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hey,

Ive had my imac since october, and have just noticed a rattle in the right internal speaker, when played at a volume over 80% and only on certain tones. Ive never noticed it before so i guess it must have just started. Does this mean that the speaker is on its way out or could there be another reason for this happening? Thanks for your help.

Adam

A speaker is either blown or it's not blown...no "About To Blow"...your speaker probably has a small amount of damage...and it will only get worse!

It's kind of like being pregnant...your either are or you aren't! ;D

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A1226 w/4Gb of RAM
Replace them. They are cheap on eBay.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.