ICloud

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS 10.12.6 Sierra
I’m not sure if this is the right place to discuss this. As well as my iMac I have an iPhone and iPad and decided today to put all my stuff from my iMac on to the Cloud. I thought I’d done it successfully but even though I am using the same ID for all three I simply can’t access anything from my iMac which was the whole point of the exercise. Perhaps someone can put me right. I must be doing something wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
OK, some background. There is something called iCloud, and something else called iCloud Drive and then there is what Apple calls "Optimization." I don't know why Apple makes it so confusing, but there it is.

So, when you say you "put all my stuff from my iMac onto the Cloud," what do you mean, exactly? Assuming you are still using Sierra, as your profile indicates, you wold need to explain, in some detail, exactly what steps you took to do that.

Once we know what you did, somebody who has the knowledge of how it's done in Sierra will come along to help. I moved on from Sierra a long time ago, and I've forgotten how it works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.