ICloud password will not reset

Reaction score
Ok i'm going to leave out details because this site is full of really smart people and I have tried almost everything us as a group will come up with, anyway. Here we go. This all started about a month and a half ago when my mother traveled to FL to visit my younger brother. Mom is on his acct but she lives in NC with most of our family. Younger bro got her a new phone Apple 11 I think. Well while she was there in FL. she forgot her icloud email and password, so the store did a partial what ever they call it. They could not fully set up her new phone because she didn't have her login info. So once apple sent her icloud email info, that fixed part of the problem. Mom came back to NC and I have been dealing with this for the last month. Ok we have her email address, so then mom could not remember her password. so of course we did everything to get them to reset her password. 4Xs we have gotten the email saying on a certain date they will call or email the reset info we need. NO LUCK, they haven't reset her password and they haven't sent us the link to rest password. I have tried just about everything. I even took her to the Verizon store where we live, that did everything they could updated software but still no login. That tech suggested we try the Apple tech at Best Buy. He was able to update the phone which he thought if he updated the phone it would let him change her password. NO LUCK. I know this is alot so what else can I try to get her password changed. at this point I'm considering just setting her up a new Apple acct. HELP hahahha

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I believe you mean that your mother forgot her Apple ID and password? The store (which store, Apple or Verizon?) can not setup the iPhone 11 for her without the Apple ID and password.

You mentioned that your Mother was on your brother's account. If that is correct, have your brother use his Apple ID and password for the new iPhone 11.

What you wrote above is somewhat confusing so there may some misunderstanding here.

However, only Apple can reset a lost password for her Apple ID but that usually takes several weeks at best.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.