I want to replace my modem-router, what should I do ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, iMac, OS 10.13.6, iPhone 6s iOS 15.1, iPad mini, iOS 9.3.5
Hello ! I currently use an Airties air 5010 modem-router, sold to me by my ISP (Orange.fr). I want to replace it because it is taking a bit of age and rhumatisms. My ISP Orange is not helpful as it wants to force me to hire its 3€/month Livebox. My current modem is routing as well as in use now since the PPP connection (PPPoE), at my home, seems easier to establish within the modem router as it is in my airport base station if I do not use the modem's router and configure the base station as router.

In its current configuration, I can read:

Link type: DSL
Line mode: G.DMT

Protocol: PPPoE

PPP Settings

Encapsulation LLC
DSL Username xxxxxx
DSL Pswd: xxxxxx
MTU: 1500 byte
On demand unticked

ATM parameters

VPI 8
VCI 35
ATM QoS UBR

Any advice for an easy to connect and easy to configure, robust and modern ADSL modem router ? TIA

OP
michelangelo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, iMac, OS 10.13.6, iPhone 6s iOS 15.1, iPad mini, iOS 9.3.5
Any advice for an easy to connect and easy to configure, robust and modern ADSL modem router ? TIA
[Summary] Any ADSL modem works, they configure themselves so there is no need to bother with any of the DSL specifications (just remember that authentication is via PPPoE, in my case).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
I have had a good run with TP-Link units, and not much joy nfrom Linsky's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.