I want an Imac, not sure what model I want to buy.

Reaction score
Do i buy the 27" or the 21.5? Now all i will really want to do is maybe watch the odd tv show on there, browse the web, watch youtube and listen to music and use it for photos.

I have a 40" TV for my dvds and blu-rays so im wondering maybe the 21.5 is the way to go? The 27 is just so large, i feel comfortable using the 21.5, its just about the right size for me i think, i could fit a 27 on the desk easily but its just overkill i think.

What do you guys think? Oh and i will be playing World of warcraft on there (I should stress thats the ONLY game)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06 Intel Duo 500GB HDD 4 GB RAM 9400M
The 21.5 inch will be just right for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
I feel comfortable using the 21.5, it's just about the right size for me.
Go with what you are comfortable with, and if your TV has the right connectors/specs you could even use it as an external screen if you need it any larger.(Not sure with this, although we have had a MBP hooked up to our TV screen somehow)

Reaction score
As a suggestion, visit an Apple Reseller store (like Future Shop, Best Buy, Mac Group, etc.), ask the sales guy to play your provided regular DVD on their "on display 21.5" iMac, and "pull up a chair. Seriously... Many stores have plastic chairs in their store. Tell the Sales Rep you need to "pull up a chair" and watch the computer screen for a while. If the 21.5" looks & feels "good to you" (after watching your provided video DVD for 5-10 minutes), you know its right for you. Especially if you plan to only use the 21.5" on a standard office Desk - which is average 24-28" from one's face (as if sitting in an office chair).

If using a 21.5" "at a desk", you might also want to order a wired extended Mac Keyboard (instead of their smaller sized wireless keyboard). If/when I get my future iMac, it will have the larger size "wired" keyboard (with a numeric pad on its side). And, I'd get a connected 500+ GB external drive (probably USB based) - used for Time Machine backups. External Backup drive is another great inclusion for critical desktop computer systems.

When I purchase my future iMac, I'd probably get the better 21.5" model. The model with the larger HD and better graphics card. Thus, allowing it last 1-2 more years longer. To me, better graphics card is always a good thing.

Good luck on which ever 21.5" model you do decide to purchase.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 13 MacBook Pro, 11" MacBook Air, 64G iPad, iPhone 4
and if your TV has the right connectors/specs you could even use it as an external screen if you need it any larger

Don't confuse screen size with resolution. I bought the 27" iMAC which has a 2560 horizontal resolution. The highest HD TV resolution is 1920 - which is the same as the 21.5 iMAC. Both are therefore capable of producing very high quality TV - but to buy one for that is a ****ed expensive TV with a lot of wasted pixels.

I use mine as a "back-up" TV as it is conveniently installed where it can be seen from the dining room table. The quality is great but the 27" really comes into its own for software that needs lots of screen real estate such as Photoshop and Final Cut. It's also really good for multiple screens without overlapping. For example I can type on a full A4 word processor page while I have a web page or mail program open next to it. Great if using the web for researching what you re typing. No flicking backwards and forwards between screens.

I have on occasion switched the output to the TV using a display port to HDMI lead but picture quality is nowhere near as good as the iMAC display and its really better to stick with the iMAC and just sit a bit closer to the screen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.