I need a new mouse...which would you recommend for El Capitan??????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), 32 GB Ram, 27" Thunderbolt Display, 4TB G-RAID TB Storage
When I upgraded to El Capitan (10.11.3), my trusted Logitech mouse of many years stopped working. No matter what I try, the Logitech driver won't detect my mouse. I've contacted them and have searched the web but no luck. It seems they didn't decide to update their software. So.....I've been using Mac's Magic Mouse but I just don't like it. The swipe and scroll are too sensitive. And the bottom line is, I prefer a set of standard programmable buttons. My previous mouse had 5 including the scroll wheel.

So, is there a mouse that you'd recommend that you KNOW will work with El Capitan? I loved my 5 button Logitech. Anything like that you can recommend? Oh, as far as what I do, I'm a graphic designer, I work in the Adobe suite, specifically Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.

Thanks.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
You do not mention if this is for a desktop or a laptop but either way so long as you don't mind losing a USB port you would be hard pressed to go past the Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500. It has the same blue laser technology used on more expensive models, (obviously) needs no batteries, is very comfortable and has 5 fully programable buttons.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac Forums

Reaction score
The Logitech MX Master is excellent, as is it's smaller sibling for portable use, the Logitech MX Anywhere 2.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.