• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I flew my first Helicopter . . . . . . . R44

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini | Intel Core i5 | 8 GB RAM | 240 GB SSD | Dell 27" LCD | OS X 10.10.x
That definitely looks cool!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
MY New toy !!!!! Set me back 1K but i see it as my xmas and bday present to myself for the next couple years lol

Thunder Tiger Raptor RC30

For a second there I thought it was a real life sized one. XD

Nice toy though. How high does it go?

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
For a second there I thought it was a real life sized one. XD

Nice toy though. How high does it go?
Havnt flown it as yet, still tuning in the motor and learning, but have heard 1000 ft but dont quoute me on that.

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
JUst thought i would add to this thread withmy new Rocket me and my son Jazz flew the other day, first with C5 engines then C6 engines. She flew mighty high and you can watch it in the video i edited below.

Rocket Men - YouTube

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
MY New toy !!!!! Set me back 1K but i see it as my xmas and bday present to myself for the next couple years lol

Thunder Tiger Raptor RC30

JUst thought i would add to this thread withmy new Rocket me and my son Jazz flew the other day, first with C5 engines then C6 engines. She flew mighty high and you can watch it in the video i edited below.

Rocket Men - YouTube

Hehe your son's reaction was epic. XD Were you able to recover the rocket? I remember doing this in my tech class in secondary school. Quite fun. Did racing cars, barges, rockets, hot air balloons, and a few other stuff. I don't know if they still have classes like that anymore.

Reaction score
That is so amazing!! If I only have ones then I'll definitely fly my Helicopter everyday. hahahha

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Still havnt flown my RC Help, but have now got myself a RC Helo Sim called Realflight were you get a transmitter connect via USB to PC (Windows ~ Ill be putting W7 on a Bootcamp Partition) and ill fly and crash this until i have good enough controls to fly the real thing. It will come in time :) and this way i keep the price down on repairs lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.