• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How to get to previous posts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macOS Monterey 12.2 iMac 24-inch,2021 Apple M1 8GB
I have been advise to read Post #12 about using the Time Machine but I don't know how to get there.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi again.

Go to the Initial Post that you were in - I presume it's one which you started? Easy to find your own posts, if that is the case.

Then you are Post #1 being the instigator; then scroll down the subsequent posts, each are numbered, 2, 3, etc till you reach number 12.

There you will find details about Time Machine or whatever. I have a vague idea this might have been I posted to, but that's just a guess.

If not started by you, then seek out any posts to which you contributed. Then read Post #12.

Need more help, just ask.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I have been advise to read Post #12 about using the Time Machine but I don't know how to get there.

I am guessing that you are referring to a recent subject thread you were involved with and you can get to the #12 post using this URL:

Hopefully, that's the one you want, and you should find the #12 post there, but you may have to scroll a bit.

- Patrick
=======

krs

Reaction score
I wonder why the original thread "Have I been scammed" is no longer open for reply.
I missed all that discussion because I had not checked Mac-Forums for a few days.
But I wanted to comment on the repeated advice to immediately change passwords.
As that OP mentioned, they have an awful lot of passwords to change and the other suggestion to wipe the drive and start again also involves a ton of work.
So my comment re banking and Financial institution passwords, at least for Canada and the four banks/institutions I deal with:
If someone tries to log into my account and knows my user name and my password, but logs in from a different computer than my Mac Mini, the bank website requires the entry of a six-digit code sent to me on my landline (not cell which is not secure) as a voice message.
So panicking to change the password is not necessary for those critical websites.
I do change passwords occasionally, but on my schedule and I also use a different password for each banking site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I wonder why the original thread "Have I been scammed" is no longer open for reply.

That does seem a bit odd and it certainly wasn't really going OT, so I guess only one of the Mods could explain why the thread was closed.

I was a bit interested as it made me look at my own iMac where I discovered we had several files and a folder containing Log4j and none were flagged by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or VirusBarrier Scanner that I had run earlier in the day as part of my maintenance routines.

Yes, they were quite old when I checked again later in the day. No Doubt I hang-on from some previous OS software install as I currently do not have any Java software installed which I believe is where they came from.

- Patrick
=======

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macOS Monterey 12.2 iMac 24-inch,2021 Apple M1 8GB
No wonder I can't find my post (I have been scammed) I don't know why it should have been closed. Unfortunately I can't open my computer on a daily basis so it was a couple of days ago when I last opened my computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Here is the thread: Have I been scammed

I found it by clicking on your screen name, then on where it says how many messages you have posted. That opened a short list and I found the title there. I, too, don't know why it was closed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini M1 (8gb Memory / 500 gb Hard drive) Running Sonoma 14.0
Just click find threads, and all the threads your started are listed:

1691855747023.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
No wonder I can't find my post (I have been scammed) I don't know why it should have been closed. Unfortunately I can't open my computer on a daily basis so it was a couple of days ago when I last opened my computer.
You should still be able to view all the posts in a thread that has been closed. You just won't be able to add a new post to it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.