how do i get the windows bootcamp drivers?

Reaction score
Last time i installed bootcamp all i had to do was go to bootcamp assistant, put in a blank DVD and click "download latest support drivers" and it downloaded them, burned on the dvd, and i went into windows 7 bootcamp and installed it and it was simple.

now its saying "no usb drive detected?"

i got rid of my bootcamp parition a while back, today i installed windows 7 via bootcamp... i was running windows 7 to do a few quick mods for my android phone and the wireless internet was working, and i come back later today and its not connecting via wifi, but my network is fine cuz my other computer and phone are connected just fine, i tried restarting etc...*** i been regretting buying this since january.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you trying to install Windows 7 on the same Mac? Do you still have the driver disk you made before?

And we'll move this to the correct forum. It's not a switcher topic.

OP
Sento
Reaction score
Are you trying to install Windows 7 on the same Mac? Do you still have the driver disk you made before?

And we'll move this to the correct forum. It's not a switcher topic.

yes its the same mac, and no i lost the old dvd with the bootcamp drivers, i last had bootcamp like 5 months ago.

OP
Sento
Reaction score
I been at this for hours but I finally found a place to download bootcamp drivers for the model and windows I have, hopefully this will help anyone else looking:

Boot Camp: System requirements for Microsoft Windows operating systems just scroll down a bit, and pic ur mac model and year and which windows and you can get the correct drivers.

Only problem I am having now is that "auto brightness" isn't working...otherwise I'm happy to see that my volume controls, sound, etc are all working :)

any input on the auto brightness? And I gotta say this is a pretty crappy move on apple, i know they all about making money, but why get rid of the ability to download bootcamp drivers and burn them on a DVD through bootcamp assistant? why make us get an USB Hard drive??

OP
Sento
Reaction score
the problem with moving threads from switchers hangout is that none of the other sections are active enough to receive any input :/

there have been 2 posts here today and the last one before that was 4 days ago. compare that to switchers hangout :/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.