Homepod mini tells temp from one room, not other

Reaction score
I wanted an intercom system for my house but wanted one that could do other stuff, play music etc. Homepods are working wonderfully. I can intercom whatever room or everyone in the apple "home" and since the new update came out I can find out what the temp/humidity is in another room or the garage. Mostly.

From the Guest Room (that's what the homepod is called) "Hey Siri, what's the temperature in the kitchen"
"The temperature in the kitchen is 71 degrees fahrenheit"
Every homepod I ask for give a specific answer for temp or humidity (it'll only answer for the first one asked)

However, if I'm in the kitchen

"Hey Siri, what's the temperature in the garage?"
"The temperature in the garage is 54 degrees fahrenheit."
"Hey Siri, what's the temperature in the guest room?"
"The temperature ranges from 54 degrees to 71 degrees fahrenheit in the garage, upstairs and the kitchen."

If I ask in the guest room, I can get each temp for each homepod
If I ask in the kitchen, I cannot get the guest room's temp, only a range from all the other homepods without mention of the guest room.

Help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Are you sure the Guest Room HomePod mini is connected to the network?

OP
D
Reaction score
Yes. I see it in the home app. I can play music when in the guest room. I can ask for the temperature in the kitchen when in the guest room.

OP
D
Reaction score
"Hey Siri play classic rock everywhere" plays on all homepods no matter where I say it.
"Hey Siri play classic rock in guest room" from kitchen plays classic rock in guest room

K

Karer09334

That's great to hear! It sounds like you have a smart home setup with devices connected to the Google Home app. With such a configuration, you can control various aspects of your home using voice commands or through the app itself. Playing music in the guest room and checking the temperature in the kitchen from another room are convenient features that smart homes offer.

By integrating compatible smart devices, you can control lighting, thermostats, security systems, and more using voice commands or through the Google Home app on your smartphone or tablet. This allows you to manage and monitor different areas of your home from a centralized location.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.