Hoco Magsafe Charger

Reaction score
I recently bought a Hoco Magsafe charger for my Iphone 12 pro. Charged it from the evening till the next morning. IMG_8629.JPG
This is the charging graph.
The next day i used the normal lightning cable to charge
IMG_8630.JPG
And this is the charging graph.
Why?
Is it because its not a original magsafe charger?

Sent from my iPhone using Mac-Forums

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I'm not following your question. In both cases, your iPhone battery went to from something lower to 100% through the charging cycle. In the first case, it looks like you took it off the charger when it reached 100% and it began to deplete. In the second case it looks to be still connected to the lightening cable so it's charged to 100% and remaining charged.

The wireless charging on your iPhone is provided by the Qi wireless charging standard that most of the manufacturers are conforming to. So any of the Qi chargers will work fine with Apple, Samsung and other devices.

OP
M
Reaction score
In the first photo it was on charge the whole night through to the morning on the magsafe charger. I did not take it of the charger. So i dont know why it charged say from 9 to 12 and then slowly went down.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not sure how, but depending on your wireless charging setup, it looks like the phone came off the charger before midnight and then just began to discharge.

I have a iPhone XS and use a Anker charger that requires me to place the phone upright in its slanted stand. Most of the chargers I see out there are the coaster type where you lay your phone flat on table (and charger). This is more prone to shifting and disconnecting the charger.

As you can see on my charger, the only way it'd stop charging is if totally fell off the charger.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thread moved to better area (iPhone hardware).

Thanks,

Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Not sure how, but depending on your wireless charging setup, it looks like the phone came off the charger before midnight and then just began to discharge.

I have a iPhone XS and use a Anker charger that requires me to place the phone upright in its slanted stand. Most of the chargers I see out there are the coaster type where you lay your phone flat on table (and charger). This is more prone to shifting and disconnecting the charger.

As you can see on my charger, the only way it'd stop charging is if totally fell off the charger.

Mine is the Hoco Magsafe charger( coaster type). I have a magsafe cover ( not apple) on my phone. So the magnets on the charger and phone cover alighn it to ensure that its not moving. I will test it again tonight and see. Maybe the charger is faulty. Just not sure if you dont use the genuine apple magsafe charger and cover if it will play a role.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would suggest putting the phone overnight in a place with little movement and see if it showing a different charging profile. If so, that might explain the situation. If the charger was incompatible, I wouldn't expect it to charge at all.

OP
M
Reaction score
I would suggest putting the phone overnight in a place with little movement and see if it showing a different charging profile. If so, that might explain the situation. If the charger was incompatible, I wouldn't expect it to charge at all.

Thanks i will test tonight.
Do you think its better to use Apple Products with Apple Iphone.? In my country we only have one shop selling Apple Accesories made by Apple

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
If your iPhone truly never left the charger, then it looks to me like once it hit 100% charge, the charger shut off (it shouldn't... my Anker pads don't). As for why it drained once fully charged, that could just be a consequence of whatever apps you may have running. Facebook's app, for example is or was notorious for draining the battery. It could also be the charger is grossly defective and actually causing the drain itself once it hits 100%. I've never heard of the brand Hoco before, so for all anyone knows, they are a cheap fly-by-night knockoff that doesn't have good QC or standards compliance. I found what looks to be their website, but am having a hard time figuring out where to buy their products so I can see if there are any reviews suggesting problems. I found a listing for a charger made by them on Amazon, but it's no longer available there and none of their current products on Amazon are chargers. Where did you get this thing?

OP
M
Reaction score
If your iPhone truly never left the charger, then it looks to me like once it hit 100% charge, the charger shut off (it shouldn't... my Anker pads don't). As for why it drained once fully charged, that could just be a consequence of whatever apps you may have running. Facebook's app, for example is or was notorious for draining the battery. It could also be the charger is grossly defective and actually causing the drain itself once it hits 100%. I've never heard of the brand Hoco before, so for all anyone knows, they are a cheap fly-by-night knockoff that doesn't have good QC or standards compliance. I found what looks to be their website, but am having a hard time figuring out where to buy their products so I can see if there are any reviews suggesting problems. I found a listing for a charger made by them on Amazon, but it's no longer available there and none of their current products on Amazon are chargers. Where did you get this thing?

Bought it at a gadget store.
In my Country we have 1 IStore. You have to order almost everything online. And its quite expensive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Bought it at a gadget store.
In my Country we have 1 IStore. You have to order almost everything online. And its quite expensive

Gotcha. Unfortunately places like that tend to offer low-quality items... focusing more on price. You can do some experimentation as others suggested to see if you can get a better result, but if you are doing everything right and it truly is staying on the pad properly, the culprit almost certainly is the pad. One thing to be sure of is that you are up-to-date on iOS, maybe even consider doing a clean re-install and re-migrate from a fresh backup made beforehand just to rule out buggy behavior in your iOS installation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
You can verify that it is charging by looking at the battery icon on the top bar. If it's green, it's charging. I have one QI stand that gets a bit "fussy" about the positioning of my iPhone on it to charge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Are you using the new Apple 20w power brick with the wireless charger?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's

I use the same Anker QI charger connected to a generic multiple port USB charger. Have 1 at home and another at work, excellent product.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.