Hi to all from Newbie!

Reaction score
Hi All,

Very glad to join your forum. Had a Macbook before but delighted with my new iMac 21" and the service at Genius Bar, Glasgow for my Macbook. Just a couple of quick questions:
1. Know there is a "back delete key" (arrow pointing left on right of keyboard), but is there any "forward delete" key as in PC keyboards or am I asking too much?
2. Why is the "cut" option not always available in edit menu or right mouse click?
3. Is there such a thing as a "sleep timer" for when you are listening to iTunes in bed?

At least hope you had a good laugh!

Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Welcome the the Forum. 1. Yes older keyboards had that key not the later ones so if it is important you might have to hunt for an earlier keyboard. 2. Cut and Copy will be a function of which App you are using and if it is a permitted activity. 3. There are settings to shut down and/or sleep computer in Sys Preferences but not sure about iTunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Hi, welcome to the forums.

#1 You can forward delete by pressing fn+delete on a keyboard that doesn't have a dedicated forward delete key.
#2 Already explained by Collin
#3 Awaken is an excellent iTunes Sleep/Awake timer that will probably do all that you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Why is the "cut" option not always available in edit menu or right mouse click?

I know what you're referring to. Well, at least I think I know. Others might not want to open this can of worms, because there are always threads around with people crossing the line of decorum regarding this issue. But, no, you cannot cut and paste files from one location to another on a Mac. It's never been possible, and many believe that Apple will never change it. That's just the way it is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.