Headphones and Speakers play Simultaneously AND display on extra monitor not working

Reaction score
I posted this in 'general' a few days back a got a goose egg on response...I didn't find the 'exact' spot for this inquiry, but this one matched best:

Two issues here: I just received an HP computer (without a stack), but with big monitor, running Windows 10. I'm more a MAC guy (running 10.15.6), so I've done what I can to sleuth these issues:

1) When I plug in 'iphone' earbuds OR nice Bose headphones to the HP, both the earphones AND the computer speaker play simultaneously. Looking online, I saw some troubleshooting ideas, going to the control panel, settings, sounds, but the options didn't present in the dropdown. I only had two on the hp: speakers/headphones and communication earphones. When I clicked on the latter, both earphones and speaker went silent.

2) Typically, when I connect my MAC to another monitor with an HDMI adapter, I can go to display on the MAC, 'drag' the additional monitor into the position I want (right side is my preference) and I can drag windows onto that monitor and open new windows on the MAC screen. I was able to do everything but the dragging part. When I try to drag the window from the MAC to the HP screen/computer, the window 'exits' my MAC screen, but it doesn't ever show up on the HP screen. Peculiar....

Any ideas?
thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you look for the re-direct arrow? Your post did not belong in the "General" topic forum and was moved instead to the "Running Windows Forum......" where it does belong.

This post likewise will be moved there and combined.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.