Grumsy text on external monitors? Using the newest MBP 13"

Reaction score
Hi Mac-Forums users. I recently bought the newest MBP 13" together with the new apple keyboard and mouse. It's awesome.

However, when hooking the laptop onto my 2x 2560x1440 Dell u2515h monitors the text some places is unclear. It's hard to explain. I am using mDP to DP and HDMI to HDMI in order to display the picture on my monitors.

I know it shouldn't look like the retina display on my macbook, but when I had windows and was using my monitors, it was all very clear. This is also an IPS display so it should look awesome.

To try and sum it up: I have a problem, whereof the picture on my 2x monitors looks crumsy. It's like it's not using the resolution right or something. I can't install my monitor drivers only, since its only supported for Windows.

I am sorry for this extremely bad explanation, but this is the only way I can explain it.

Extra question: The mouse is very nice. However it works very bad on my wooden desk and on my normal mouse mat. Any ideas to what the mouse is good on?

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.