Get back to MacOS

Reaction score
Have 2015 Mac mini, 8g RAM, 1T HDD.
Wanted to set up as a home server. Did some research about home servers, networks, linux distributions. Installed Unbuntu 20.04. LAMP.
As I learned more info, I could not figure how to do, so I would reinstall the software several times. Everything worked fine until Ubuntu would NOT accept my password. I reinstalled Ubuntu several time with the same result.
Have tried getting into Recovery using CMD-R, option-cmd-R, shift-option-cmd-R with no result. End up going to <GRUB>.
Have tried redirecting files in system with (hd0,gpt1) not exactly sure if I got the info correct in the parentheses.
Have tried to install ‘wipe’, ‘Srm’ which GRUB do not understand.
I am LOST. PLEASE help.
Thanks in advance.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You've removed macOS completely and replaced with Linux. None of the traditional macOS-based recovery options will work, since you don't have macOS.

If you can't figure out how to get your Linux distro working by visiting Linux-specific forums, then get a bootable installer for the version of macOS that you can get access to and re-install macOS on the mini.

You might want to research NAS for your server needs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.