• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

France halts iPhone 12 sales over radiation exposure levels

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
iPhone 12 is only a couple generations behind, so I'm sure there's many folks still using that version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
I am! Uh, yikes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Apple has lab results that show that the French evaluation was wrong. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. The French also admitted that the levels were still well below anything hazardous, but insist that it was above the set limits. Frankly, it seems to be a tempest in a teapot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021iMac M1Ventura;2019 iMac 21.5 Ventura;2017MB 12"Mojave, 2iPhone12, AW2 + AW6
Moi !!

Husband and I - living in France - both have iPhone 12s. I read about this the other day - ironically, the junior minister who is conducing this campaign used to be our MP - but frankly, we are not worried about getting too much radiation. The levels reported are 1) very close to allowed levels and 2) a theoretical maximum, as the article notes, rather than linked to typical use.
What I'm worried about is not getting any credit if we want to trade in our iPhone 12s for a more recent model, which is a good possibility.

While we're on the subject of radiation: Does anyone know how AirPods work? My chiropractor told me they were bad for health because one AirPod receives a signal and sends it to the other AirPod through, basically, your brain.
I find that very strange and am very skeptical. I could not find information on the workings of AirPod in a quick internet search.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
While we're on the subject of radiation: Does anyone know how AirPods work? My chiropractor told me they were bad for health because one AirPod receives a signal and sends it to the other AirPod through, basically, your brain.
I find that very strange and am very skeptical. I could not find information on the workings of AirPod in a quick internet search.
I believe that is correct. When both AirPods are connected, one of them connects to the phone or whatever, but the two AirPods are connected to each other and data flows between them from the phone, through your brain I guess. 😃

I currently have a set of Beats Pro Buds and my iPhone doesn't identify which bud it is connected to. However, I had a cheapo pair of BT ear buds before that and the iPhone clearly indicated <Name>-R indicating that it was connected to the right ear bud. Once I powered on both the buds, the left one would report that it was connected to the right now.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I think the connection between Air Pods is via bone, not brain; but to be honest I can’t verify that at the moment.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I think the connection between Air Pods is via bone, not brain;

I guess in that case, any boneheads that use them should be fairly cautious and maybe protect themselves and use some sort of precaution. 😇 :rolleyes:

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.