Factory Reset

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 12 Pro Max, MacBook Pro mid-2010 17" High Sierra.
With my Android phones, i did a factory reset about once a month, and it seemed to help the performance of those phones. Would it be helpful to do the same thing on my 7 Plus? Still new to the IOS format, but i guess that i do a full back-up first, then after the f/r, i can pick that back-up to re-install on the phone. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You can leave that bad habit with the Android phones and Windows PC's. Apple devices do NOT behave the same way and there is no need for this.

The ONLY thing you might want to do is maybe a power-cycle once in a while if things aren't behaving normally. Other than that, just use the device.

I don't reboot any of my Apple devices unless there's an update or something that causes it. My Macs run for anywhere from 40-60+ days without rebooting and my iPhone runs longer or whatever the update cycles are.

OP
danny1159
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 12 Pro Max, MacBook Pro mid-2010 17" High Sierra.
You can leave that bad habit with the Android phones and Windows PC's. Apple devices do NOT behave the same way and there is no need for this.

The ONLY thing you might want to do is maybe a power-cycle once in a while if things aren't behaving normally. Other than that, just use the device.

I don't reboot any of my Apple devices unless there's an update or something that causes it. My Macs run for anywhere from 40-60+ days without rebooting and my iPhone runs longer or whatever the update cycles are.

OK, thanks. Never had a PC, just a MacBook Pro. Please explain what a power-cycle is, and how to do it. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.