Enlarge text

Reaction score
Is there a way to enlarge the text other than using the zoom feature?

In particular, I use an accounts program, GnuCash, and it would be very good to enlarge the font size overall on that program (it was great on my PC!). I tried the zoom method, but that loses quality and also if I open a window it will open out of the zoomed range so I can't see it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There are two ways to enlarge the text in a program if the program itself does not allow for it: One way is to zoom (command +), the other way is to reduce the resolution of your monitor. Both methods are not the best especially lowering the resolution of your monitor as that can introduce distortion. There is another method.... buy a larger monitor. ;)

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for that. :(

As I mentioned, the zoom isn't an option due to quality and not seeing new window popups. I did actually lower the resolution after I posted, but again the quality isn't so good so when doing graphics will have to change it back.

As to a new monitor, hmm, hubby's only just got me this 27" Mac, and I don't think there's room on my desk for anything bigger LOL!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Click GnuCash in the top menu, then Preferences.
Muck around in there to see if there is a setting for minimum font size.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.