Ectaco C-Pen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
I have had an Ectaco English/French language translator for quite a few years and along with it I have a C-Pen. I occasionally use the C-Pen to scan lines of text into my Open Office word programme and it's a great help and a lot quicker than my dislexique keybaord?

I was shaowing it to a neighbour the other day and she was very impressed, but now I have the very smallwindow that I don't remember how to close. It's only about 1/2" long, but quite annoying.

Can anyone please tell me how to close it? This is what it looks like

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 22.39.25 by John, on Flickr

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Oh well, I guess this is an unknown??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Is it always there, or only with certain apps? Is it there when the pen is off/disconnected? Is there something in System Preferences? Is there an icon in the top Menu Bar? Is there an app for it you can open and access it's Preferences?

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's there all the time. There's no mention in Sys Preferences and no icon in the top menu bar. I used the pen a week or so back and it has been there since. the pen is not been connected since that last time I used it.

I have had this before, a couple of years back and I can't remember how I sorted it then, but it took a while! trying to get help from ectaco is like finding hens teeth! Especially with a Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.