Dual Monitors via Bootcamp and Docking Station

Reaction score
Hi
I have a mid-2012 Macbook Pro (2.7 ghz, 15") partitioned to run Windows 10 and Mac OSX Sierra. I also purchased a StarTech Thunderbolt Dual Video Docking Station x 2 DisplayPorts.

(I tried the USB3 version with zero love).

When I'm on the Mac side, all is well. Two displays, mouse, keyboard, speakers, networking - the works. No setup, just plug and play.
On the Windows side (after days of fighting with it), I finally have all but the second monitor working (both are VGA to DisplayPort converted; all drivers and OS updates have been installed). I've read that Windows on the 2012's do not support dual display with Thunderbolt.

Is this my answer? Two displays on the Mac side and only one on the Windows side? If I were to move one of the displays from a VGA to DisplayPort to a VGA to USB3, would it work? Is the Thunderbolt cable my actual nemesis or the two DisplayPorts?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.